In many ways, Miami is a paradise: nice weather, cultural diversity, excellent geographical location, low taxes, quality education, and many opportunities for businesses.
With these features, Forbes Magazine described Miami in a recent report in which the city stands out as the best place to create new businesses.
Does this recognition make Miami is a good destination for investors? Is this a good time to invest? The short answer to these two questions is: it depends on the industry in which you want to invest, how you want to do it, and in what areas.
Miami receives a ton of heat over its lacking public transportation and rising traffic concerns.
But Miami International Airport is the most transportation-friendly airport in the entire country, according to a new study by TransitScreen. Miami’s premier airport received a MobilityScore of 66 (on a scale from 1 to 100), which outpaced O’Hare in Chicago (63) and Minneapolis–Saint Paul (63).
MobilityScore measures a specific area’s access to buses, trains, and taxis in addition to ridesharing, bikesharing and carsharing options.
The Top 10 is below.
- Miami International Airport
- O’Hare International Airport
- Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
- Logan International Airport
- Philadelphia International Airport
- McCarran International Airport
- Denver International Airport
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
Source: Curbed Miami